Standing Cross in St Bartholomew's Churchyard
We don't have any photos of this monument yet.
County Council (Unitary)
Cheshire West and Chester Council
SJ470470 (346950, 368323)
The base and part of the shaft of a medieval cross in the churchyard of St Bartholomew's Church, south of the south porch. The cross is Listed Grade II. The base of the cross is constructed of local buff sandstone and is in two steps. The first step is square, of large ashlar blocks, and measures 1.4 metres wide and 0.2 metres above the turf. The second step is a single massive block, 0.83 metres wide and 0.2 metres high with a socket 0.45 metres wide. Set into this is a slightly tapered shaft, cut off at 0.95 metres. The shaft is square at the base rising through dart-shaped corners to octagonal. This has been capped by a coved block 0.15 metres high and made of finer stone of different colour. Set into the top there used to be a sundial plate dated 1705, now missing. Scheduled.