An Early Christian Memorial Stone 380m South East of Worthyvale Manor
County Council (Unitary)
SN109109 (210916, 85689)
Site of folly mound built in early 18th century by Charlotte Boscawen, Lady Falmouth. The Tithe Map of 1839 does not show anything here, but the field is called 'Folly Field'. Slight earthworks observed on the site in 1976 were thought to be natural and not a camp or tumulus as previous alledged. A rock-cut path leading to the King Arthur Stone (AMIE NMR number 434115, SX18 NW5), was observed running around the north of the rise. The site was levelled in the late 20th century when a house was built.