Romano-British Hut Circle and Enclosing Bank and Ditch Immediately East of High Force Quarry
We don't have any photos of this monument yet.
County Council (Unitary)
Durham County Council
Forest and Frith
SJ880880 (388004, 529036)
A Romano British hut circle and enclosing semi circular bank and ditch immediately east of High Force Quarry. The hut walls are formed by an earth and stone bank with a south east facing entrance. The hut circle forms part of a larger settlement mainly destroyed by quarrying activities in hte 1930s. A pair of quernstones were discovered on the site in 1937 and given to the Bowes Museum by Lord Barnard. Scheduled.